Monday 26 February 2018

Dustin Hoffman: Actress Accuses Actor of Harassment

Days after Dustin Hoffmanfaced questioning regarding allegations of sexual harassment on the record of the 1985 TV adaptation of Death of a Salesman, an actress from that Broadway resurrection has penned a guest column describing the “dreadful, demoralizing and abusive experience” she undergone while filming alongside Hoffman.

Actress Kathryn Rossetter is the fourth girl to accuse Hoffman of sexual misconduct, which comprised allegations of unsuitable and groping comments.

In Rossetter’s , she described how excited she was to land a job on Broadway alongside Hoffman, “one of my acting idols.” Once she was cast in the part of Willy Loman’s mistress, the then-married Hoffman chose a subtle improvement by encouraging her to his hotel room and asking she give him a massage.

Once performances began, before and during their scene Rossetter composed that the bodily contact of Hoffman became even more aggressive.

“1 night in Chicago, I felt his hands up under my slide onto the inside of my thighs. I was totally amazed and tried to bat him away while viewing the stage for my own cues,” the actress composed. “After the show he was busy with the manufacturer and manager so I had no access to him to address it. It then occurred every show. Six to eight shows a week. Since I was on a microphone, I could not talk to him. He got more and more aggressive and maintained it up. He really started to stick his fingers inside 11, 1 night. Night after night I cried and went home. I pulled and got depressed and did not have any fantastic interpersonal relationships with all the throw.”

In the Rossetter column being accompanied by a photo, Hoffman is viewed groping the actress’ breast because the actress smiles. “He was very skilled at dropping his hands as the picture snapped to prevent it being listed. Nevertheless, it was pre-digital. You did not understand what was there till they had been developed,” Rossetter wrote. “Only by chance do I have one such image — in which the camera caught him in the action. A picture I had shot with hopes of sending it. A millisecond in time. There I’m — my arm and large smile moving with the aim. But because it is, captured, it seems I am complicit using the gesture. I wasn’t. Not ever.”

Similarly, a photo of Rossetter groping Hoffman –“a knee-jerk response built around a couple of decades, I grabbed Hoffman’s crotch” — ended up in an dilemma of Playboy using the caption, “Reviving a dead Salesman.” “How ironic. Abused women who fight back generally go to prison,” Rossetter wrote.

Past Hoffman accusers comprise the celebrity’s The Graduate co-star Katharine Ross, a then-17-year-old Death of a Salesman intern named Anna Graham Hunter and author Wendy Riss Gatsiounis. During a Wag the Dog screening attended by Hoffman, Last Week Tonight sponsor John Oliver’d a controversial exchange with the actor about the allegations.

Rossetter added, “My difficulty is not what he said, it’s exactly what he did. Together with the nightly harassment, he eroded my confidence, my dignity. He humiliated and demeaned me. He also robbed me of my pleasure in the encounter and then he left dirty fingerprints in my spirit.”

The representative of Hoffman declined to comment on Rossetter’s claims. His representative did say Hoffman’s attorneys place THR connected with several other men and women who worked on Death of a Salesman who did not recall witnessing any of the conduct described by Rossetter and questioned her own account.



source http://www.5ivestar1.com/dustin-hoffman-actress-accuses-actor-of-harassment/

No comments:

Post a Comment