Saturday 15 July 2017

Exclusive: Sad and disappointed, says Mohammad Azharuddin after Hyderabad Cricket Association rejects nomination : Cricket, News

Rejecting his nomination, Returning Officer K Rajeev Reddy cited the ban imposed on Azhar from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to his alleged involvement in match-fixing.

But Azharuddin, in a private conversation with India Today, said he had been disappointed with the conclusion and that the returning officer had not given grounds for his or her nomination and demanded the same in writing.

The former batsman now intends to choose the legal path to battle the returning officer actions.

“I’m frustrated and unhappy. There was no reason for the nomination to be rejected. Have talked about my attorneys. The officer must come and explain to me, if he does not, we’ll have to take the legal path,” Azharuddin told India Today.

Azhar said he can’t be prevented from contesting the HCA elections as the court had struck down the ban . When reminded that the BCCI had not officially lifted its ban Azhar said the board did not challenge the court order.

“High Court stripped me of all fees. BCCI did not challenge the order. Therefore, the ban mechanically is lifted. Because my ban is lifted, I should be permitted to contest,” he explained.

Azhar stated his sole goal in the election was to contribute whatever he could to the marketing of the match but he was being prevented from doing this.

“These things happen whenever someone wishes to do good things for the game of cricket. I would like to make certain cricket of Hyderabad improve because it’s gone down. I want cricketers out of Hyderabad to perform for the nation. I need to do something for the country in where I belong to,” he explained.



source http://www.southwalescricket.co.uk/exclusive-sad-and-disappointed-says-mohammad-azharuddin-after-hyderabad-cricket-association-rejects-nomination-cricket-news/

No comments:

Post a Comment