Sunday 13 November 2016

235-Pound Mom Gives Birth, Then Realizes How Much Weight She Really Gained

Every woman who has had a child knows how quickly pregnancy cravings can overpower a woman’s willpower to stay away from an excess of unhealthy foods. It’s already hard to turn away all the delicious temptations in our kitchens and in restaurants, but while pregnant, it’s oftenextra hard!

When Rachel Graham got pregnant, she saw it as an excuse to eat all the foods she had previously deprived herself of. Having suffered from an eating disorder while still in school, the then-24-year-old mom thought she could easily lose the weight.

But as time passed, the weight didn’t come off. She tried everything from low calorie diets to diet pills and everything in between. Nothing worked, in the long term, and by the time she got pregnant with her second child, she had ballooned to 235 pounds.

Rachel knew that she had to make a change when she felt winded by simple tasks, like climbing up stairs to her home. So,in 2015, she started changing her habits: she counted calories, ate healthy food, controlled her portions, and exercised a few times a weeks. She didn’t have to deprive herself of all her favorite foods!

One year later, the results are simply astounding: Rachel lost 100 pounds, and loves showing off her new body.

She’s also very honest about her body after the extreme weight loss. While she is now healthier than ever, she admits to feeling self-conscious about her loose skin.

Scroll down to read more about the mom’s fitness journey, and what the results of old-fashioned hard work really looks like!

“The anxiety posting this is REAL. Taken a few minutes apart, flexing in the first. ‘How did you avoid loose skin and stretch marks?’ Heyyyyy, I didn’t! Its all there.”

“High waisted bottoms have become my bff. Do I regret losing weight? Hellllll noooooo. NEVER. Not even a slightest thought. I am more FIT than I’ve ever been in my entire life. Happier. HEALTHIER.”

“I’d be lying if I said my loose skin wasn’t an insecurity of mine.. But I refuse to let it consume me. It doesn’t hold me back like the weight used to. “

“This stomach has grown two beautiful boys.. Has been through a 90lb+ gain and loss (100lb+ lost from my highest weight while pregnant!) “

“Will you have loose skin after losing weight? I can’t answer that for you, everyBODY is different. Will it be worth it, regardless? YES.”

“Also for those who have asked.. I do plan to have surgery some day, but in the mean time I’m just working on self loooovvveeee.”

Read more: http://littlethings.com/



source http://www.gp724.com/235-pound-mom-gives-birth-then-realizes-how-much-weight-she-really-gained/

No comments:

Post a Comment